Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default What does the cassette shape by my cursor mean?

You have somehow got into macro recording mode - not easy to do accidentally
(but you may have double clicked on "REC" in the status bar and then pressed
Enter to clear the dialog).

To clear it, click on the square icon on the Stop recording Toolbar which
ought to be visible, or double click on the now-lit-up REC on the status
bar, or select Tools Macro Stop recording from the Menu.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Lose in Word" Lose in wrote in message
I recently tried to open a term paper for editing. The cursor pointer now

has
a cassette shape to lower right of cursor. I am not able to edit or even

copy
and paste parts of document. I thought this might have something to do

with
security but I did not protect the document.