Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Carriage Return Help

Use:

{ MERGEFIELD "contact.address1"}{ IF { MERGEFIELD "contact.address2" } ""

{ MERGEFIELD "contact.address2" }" "" }

Where the ¶ appears in the above field construction press the Enter key, or
Shift+Enter if your paragraphs are formatted to have space after or before
them

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"UCHelp" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the double-post, guess my connection got
held up somewhere.

The thing about this is, I need this exact string to be untouched
{contact.address1}, etc. That is to say, if anything is between any of
the characters of {contact.address1}, the merge will not work. Is there
a way to keep it untouched, while within a field?

And if it is in this field, is there something that I can put in the
field that executes a carriage return if data is merged?

So if I have
{contact.address1} {contact.address2}
on the same line, then the address 1 field, if it merges data and is
NOT null, it will merge data as well as the carriage return?

and if address 2 is NULL for example, it will not post anything? so it
will be address1 followed by a carriage return, followed by whatever
else is in the letter? disregarding the fact that I even tried to merge
address2

--
UCHelp