Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I insert numbers after text?

You can use SEQ fields. For example, { SEQ myseq } would produce a list of
Arabic numbers. To insert the field, you can press Ctrl+F9; Word adds field
delimiters, { }, and then type the code as shown. To create additional fields,
you can use copy and paste.

Note that SEQ fields don't update automatically. To trigger an update, you can
switch to Print Preview and then back to your favorite view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sherry" wrote in message
I would like to type in my text in a document and then insert a number, but I
want the number to change automatically for the next text. For example, I
want to say, "Requested Charge No. 1", but I want to insert the number 1, so
when I enter my next charge I can insert the number 2.
--
Sherry Vinturella