Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pierre[_3_] Pierre[_3_] is offline

Default Word 2007 MRU loses count

I too have the same problem for some time. I'm using Word2007 and using
stand alone laptop albeit logged into my home network.

I checked the "File MRU" using regedit and nothing is assigned to file. If
I work with documents and check the "File MRU" file, documents I have been
working on are listed. I do not use any applications that clear out cache or
anything else.

In another post, it was noted that the "File MRU" might be corrupted and
should be deleted. If I delete the "File MRU" file from the registry and
begin to use Word, will the "File MRU" be recreated???

Pierre

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you on a network? If so, it is possible that you are prevented from
changing the setting. Talk to the network administrator.

If this is a stand-alone computer, try exiting Word and then deleting the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\versi on_number\Word\File MRU
key in the registry. After restarting Word, can you then set the value that
you want?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter N Roth" wrote in message
I open Word Options and set "Advanced | Display | Show this number of
recent
documents" to 23. Click OK.

Next time I open Word, the number is back to 9 (the default).

How do I get Word to keep the count at 23?
--
peter n roth
http://engineeringobjects.com