Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Peter is offline

Default Word97/2000

Probelms:

I bought a new laptop and tried to install my Word2000; unfortunately the
original disk is at home (abroad) and I will not get back there until
October. I have a copy but somehow the 25 digits are not there; only 20
which I think is what you get after installation in the old computer. Any
way of getting round it?

Anyway, I do have the original of a Word97 and installed it, but just
installed the basic Word. Now, I don't have a dictionary and when I insert
the installation disk to try and get more options I no longer get the
Installation Assistant, but just the contents of the CD.

Could you tell me how to navigate to wherever the other options are? I
though I would just follow Setup or Autorun, but I don't know which.

I am referring to the box that should come up automatically when you insert
the CD in the drive and that gives you 3 options: Install; Information;
Explore

Thank you very much