Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Style format does not work

Recent versions of Word suppress the smaller of spacing below for a
paragraph and spacing above for the following paragraph.

To prevent Word 2007 from suppressing the spacing, check the "Don't use HTML
paragraph auto spacing" option (found under "Layout Options" in Office
button | Word Options, Advanced category).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SB Mull" wrote in message
news
I am having several problems with applying styles in Word 2007, but the
most
troublesome one is that when I try to apply a Quick Style to highlighted
text, it doesn't change the text. Specifically, I have a header style
defined with 48 spaces before and 72 spaces after - when I apply it to an
unformatted text phrase, I get a result that is 0 spaces before and 48
spaces
after. The style I am trying to use is standard for a manuscript and I
have
successfully used it many times before.
--
Sandra