Anne Troy

Default Auto-numbering keeps goofing up

Two things, Gary:
A template:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...osoft_word.htm
(link at very end)
A potential issue:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/f...oft_word.h tm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Gary Burton" wrote in message
I am creating a long numbered list of questions for my students. I
must use auto-numbering because I add and delete questions as well as
moving them around. I type up the questions using auto-numbering as
follows:

1. Question 1
a. Answer 1
b. Answer 2
c. Answer 3

2. Question 2
a. Answer 4
b. Answer 5

3. Question 3 (draw a picture)

4. Question 4 (fill in the blank)

Then I sometimes need to do a paragraph formating operation. When I
do, the whole system gets messed up as follows:

1.
2. Question 1
a. Answer 1
b. Answer 2
c. Answer 3
d.
3. Question 2
a. Answer 4
b. Answer 5
c.
4. Question 3 (draw a picture)
5.
6.
7.
8. Question 4 (fill in the blank)
9.

I have tried everything I can think of, including reading all the
posting on these two newsgroups; but I have not found a solution. I have
looked at all the choices in "paragraph formating" and in "bullets and
numbering" and tried many of the options. I can manually correct each
question using the backspace key, but we are talking about a whole
homework book with hundreds of questions in it and this thing happens all
too often.

Please help!!!!

--
Gary Burton