Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Can Word 2007 apply a zip code bar code to envelopes?

LINDA wrote:
Do I need some kind of update for my Word 2007. It doesnot allow me
to print out a zipcode bar code on my envelopes, yet Word 2003 does

It's kind of useless, because the post office no longer uses the PostNet
barcode format that Word creates (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897290).
That's why the check box was removed from the Envelopes dialog in Word 2007.

If you really want it, you can still do it manually. Use the Add To document
button to insert the envelope as a new page in the document. Select the zip
code, and insert a bookmark named ZIP to surround it. Position the cursor
where you want the barcode, press Ctrl+F9 to create a pair of field markers,
and insert this field code inside them:

BARCODE ZIP \b

Press F9 to update the field.

--