Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word 2004 Mac: page background image prints washed out or pixelated

No, setting it Behind Text alone doesn't make it a watermark; if you haven't
changed the color setting, then it shouldn't *print* washed out, though it
will be displayed that way because the background image is part of the
header.

http://word.mvps.org

"Martin-S" wrote in message
In article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are inserting the image as a "watermark," then the colors are
intentionally muted (the "washout" property is applied automatically).
You
can access the document header and change the color setting on your
background image (which is anchored to the header). It will still be
dimmed
in Word when the document body is active. In addition, some wrapped
images
may display dimmed even when you view the header (this is a bug) but
should
print properly. For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

Thanks Suzanne,

I was following that exact tutorial, but upon rereading it now, one line
struck me:

"If the object is to be a ³watermark,² you will probably want to choose
³Behind Text² as the wrapping style..."

I did not *intend* to insert the image as a watermark, but does this
mean setting the text wrap to ³Behind Text² turns it into a watermark??

That would explain it.

I thought I needed to apply this setting in order for the body text to
flow over the image.

--
Martin