Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jgt jgt is offline

Default Cannot work with Word 2007 docx

On one of my other PCs (WinXP Pro, Office 2007) I created a word document
(docx - compatibility mode). When I open the document (docx - compatibility
mode) on my Vista Ultimate system (Office 2007) I cannot select any of the
text with my cursor. If I go back to the WinXP system all seems to function
normally. On my Vista system I also noticed that I cannot click in the
vertical scroll bar area. I also noticed that I can use the arrow keys to
move around in the document. When I open a PowerPoint or Excel file I don't
have this cursor issue. When I close Word I'm informed that it has stopped
working.

I just attempted to create a new test document on the Vista system and I see
the same issues as with the other document. Therefore I don't think it has
anything to do with the document.

I was going to attempt a repair, as you can do in 2003, but I could not find
the darn option. OK now I found it, MS has renamed the darn function and put
it in a different place (thank you MS for making word so much better, ops do
I sound bitter, sorry). When I open the options window I cannot use the
mouse or arrow keys to select Resources or anything in the Nav pane but I
can use the mouse in the right-half of the window.

I'm in the process of moving to the Vista system and I'm not sure just when
the word issue appeared but originally all was OK.