Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Default STOP IMAGES MOVING TO PAGE 2!!! PLEASE HELP ME

Hi again DreamTek,

Not sure if you're still looking for a fix for the layout tab problem; if
not just ignore this.

The fact that no anchor shows up when you click the image doesn't
necessarily mean that it's not an image; images can be in a Word document in
(at least) two ways - they can be in line with text or they can be
"floating". If an image is in line with text it behaves pretty much like an
ordinary character and it doesn't have an anchor, but if it's "floating" it
does have an anchor which anchors it to a particular paragraph. For useful
stuff on this have a look at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrawingGraphics.htm.

If you click a part of the document other than the image to ensure that it
is not selected and then right-click the image does the right-cick menu have
a "Format object" or "Format picture" (or some similar) option? And if you
select that option (having right-clicked the unselected image) is the layout
tab still unavailable?

I haven't quite given up yet on the idea that the image might be a group
(partly because it seems to fit the symptoms and partly because I can't think
of anything else which fits them). By "group" I don't mean that the image is
linked in some way to the other images - I mean that the problem image itself
consists of two or more images which have been grouped to form a unit. Once
images have been grouped you can drag them around and re-size them an so
forth as though they are a single item.

Just to confirm that I'm wrong about this - when you right-click the
unselected image, does the menu contain a Grouping option and if it does,
does the Grouping menu have an enabled Ungroup option? If it does what
happens when you choose that option? (If you're going to try this you might
want to do it on a copy of your document, not the original.)

If that doesn't lead to anything then can you tell us anything about the
image? E.g. do you know how it got into the document, can you describe it,
when you click it does it get surrounded by a border and if it does what does
the border look like? Also, what options fail to appear in the menu bar at
the top when you click the image?

Cheers.

Ed

"DreamTek" wrote:

Thanks for the quick replies Ed.
There are only 3 images on my document and two of them are ok so I dont
believe its grouped. There are quite a few options disabled in the format
object dialog of the image and it doesn't display and anchor point like the
others, I can move it resize it. and I have just noticed that when i click on
images and text boxs I get the relevent options appear in the menu bar at the
top however on this one I get nothing so maybe its not being treated as an
image. I just dont know, there are to many variables and I just dont use word
enough.
By the way I'm using word 2007 so display and actions vary slighty but they
should still be there If I was using 2003 I would have probably sorted it by
now.
But enough griping and thanks for your time.