Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Default Disable header & footer on multiple pages

The part you are missing is to disable the "Link to Previous" part of
the section break. In the letterhead I did for our office, I setup the
letterhead so that "Different First Page" was how the section was
formatted.

A trick is to create your document and then put in a manual page break -
format the second page header and footer the way you would if you
actually had more than two pages. Then delete the manual page break. The
formatting for the headers and footers on the now "hidden" pages will be
retained in your template which will make it easier for your users.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Terrie A." wrote in message
:

I have our letterhead setup with a header and footer. Any of our staff can
put that file on their desktop as a shortcut and use it to create letters.
What is happening is that the header and footer on a one page letter is fine.
BUT, when the letter is 2, 3 or 4 pages long, the header and footer keep
printing on those pages as well. Is there no way to "disable" on the header
and footer on page 2, 3, and 4? I've tried using Section breaks but I am
obviously doing something wrong because it still prints on pages 2, 3, and 4.
Thanks!
--
Terrie A.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.