If you consistently type "mena" for "mean," it is a good candidate for an
AutoCorrect entry. Next time you do it, instead of correcting it manually or
right-clicking and selecting the correct spelling from the shortcut menu,
instead select AutoCorrect and then the correct spelling.

"Sam Hobbs" wrote in message
There probably is not, but I don't know for sure. I have seen such things

in
other editors. I think the Microsoft people don't have whatever it is that
we have. I assume it would easy to write a macro and assign it to a
keystroke, but I have not done that for Word.

I know that I usually type "mena" when I mena "mean". It is interesting

how
consistent I am about that.

"Tom Duprex" tduprex@gtcinternet[dot]com wrote in message
Is there a shortcut in Word 2002 to swap two characters?

For example, I typed "form" instead of "from". If I highligted/selected
the "or" in the word "form" is there a shortcut to swap the two
letters?