Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bo Rasmussen

Default using autotext in header?

Hi,

I have run into a small problem. For maintenance reasons I have defined
headers and footers in a global template. Header and footers then use an
Autotext field. The problem that naturally arises is, that when documents
are read by people not having that global template installed get an
"Autotext not defined". Then I thought that copying the autotext entries to
the template on which the document is based would solve the problem, since
autotexts would be copied like styles. But obviously Autotexts can only
reside in templates. How do I solve this problem? - I would really like to
avoid having to go into all my templates to update headers and footers. Is
there some sort of special Autotext field that instead of referencing the
autotext copies it?

BTW Using Office '97

Kind regards
Bo Rasmussen