Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word 2007 header/footer bug

What you describe does sound like a different problem -- if you can
open the header or footer area and it's empty, that's not the white
space feature.

Honestly, though, I'm in these groups every day and I haven't seen a
similar report yet. I hope you can get lucky and find someone who
didn't post because they solved it already.

Jay

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:05:23 -0700, "Jeff Mathewson"
wrote:

I'll have to check on that, but I don't think that's it. Since the header
has to be re-entered. All info is lost and not shown when printing. But
again, it's a new problem we found, I'll get all the facts..just checking to
see if anyone else has a problem like this one...

Thanks,

Jeff.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
I doubt that the headers and footers are really lost. Probably they're

just
not being displayed, because you accidentally clicked in the space between
the top of a page and the ribbon, which turned off the "White space

between
pages" setting. See http://www.gmayor.com/white_space.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

so
all may benefit.

Jeff Mathewson wrote:
Hello all,

Have a new problem with Word 2007 when saving documents, we seem to be
losing the header/footers of documents when saving as DocX. Anyone
run into this problem before?

Jeff

--
Regards,