lionroar

mcmt Wrote:
My OS is Windows 98SE. My problem is Word 2000. It locks up and
freezes
whenever I try to open a file by opening the Word program first and
then
opening the file. If I go straight to "My Documents" and double click
on the
file, it opens fine.

What is causing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcmt

What I probably would recommend is that you Increase your Visual
Memory.
Delete your cookies, files, and clear you history under tools/internet
options on your internet browser. Also deframent your drive. You might
also consider doing a disk clean up.

If that does not help than I believe my friend that you might be facing
a memory issue. You might not have enough memory and might want to
consider adding more ram. Make sure your get a compatible chip to your
current environment. That is all I can tell you.

--
lionroar