banquomd

Default Updating Index renumbers pages in the body of the document

I am using Woord 2002 SP3 and I have a document with two sections. The first
is 10 pages and has page numbers i-x. The second section has about 73 pages
numbered 1-73. There are several indices. The first is a general index and
the rest have specific flags (\f value).

When I update the main index it renumbers the pages in the main body of the
document. Page 1 becomes page 11 and so forth. This only happens when I
update the main index. If I update another index, everything is fine. How
can I keep the index update from renumbering the pages. I can renumber the
pages, but the references in the index are wrong.

Thanks,

Stephen