Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Default How do I insert a symbol to left of left margin so text lines up?

One solution would be to format the paragraph, with a left indent set at a
negative number (e.g. -0.1) and with a Special, Hanging set to a positive
number equal to the left indent (e.g. 0.1). Insert your symbol, then hit
your Tab key, which will bring you to the first tab (which is set at 0).

Also see this link regarding margingal text:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm

"cjackson" wrote:

I have Word 2003 version.I'm trying to insert an asterisk to the left of
left margin in my document, so that all the text lines up.

I can't find help anywhere with Office Assistant, etc.

I have Word 2003 version.

Thanks.