purplegrrl

*snip*
No, it's not a new version. It is Word 97. I looked where you suggested,
but "Insert/paste pictures as" is not one of the options.
I'm still looking for a solution for Word 97. I know there is one since
it
was behaving one way and now is behaving the other way.

Sorry about that Ray - I thought you had upgraded Word!! I used to use Word
97 but haven't for a while. I seem to remember right-clicking on the
graphic and choosing *Format Picture* then choosing *Layout*. I could be
wrong but I think what you choose there stays as default unless you change
it again. I hope this helps this time.

~purplegrrl~