JD

Curious. I found that to be the fix for me. In fact, I uninstalled the Works
Suite and installed Works and Word as a standalone. Now I can copy or cut
and then open Word without losing the copied material. I'm sorry if that
didn't work for you.
Jim
"Pat Garard" apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote in message
G'Day JD,

I like the explanation - but I don't have that Add-In.

I reckon that, even without the Add-In, the clip-board
is cleared.

Have a Great Christmas.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"JD" wrote in message
It sounds as if you've discovered a problem caused by the Works Suite
Add-in. When you open Word, the Office Clipboard is cleared. Opening Word
first avoids losing something you had already copied. You can also
uninstall the Works Suite Add-in.
"Pat Garard" apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote in message
G'Day Bill & Carol,
I often have a problem with this - and I don't know the reason.
The trick seems to be to have Word AND Internet Explorer open TOGETHER.
Then switch to IE and Select and Copy, then switch to Word and Paste!
Have a Great Christmas!!
Regards,
Pat Garard
Australia
"billncarol" wrote in message
Word won't let copy and paste from the internet to a word doc.