Jay Freedman

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:29:01 -0500, "Ed Mullikin"
wrote:

My Word default type is Times New Roman. Every time I type a letter that's
what I get. Occasionally, I will want to type some documents in another
font and/or size. I know how to format the font but is there a way to
change the default setting if I want to do a number of documents in the same
font?

The best idea is to create styles that contain the fonts and sizes you
want, and apply them to the text. The styles can be in the Normal.dot
template so they're available for all documents, or they can be in
specific templates that you use for certain document types.

See these articles for more in-depth discussion:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...esCascade.html