Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MIV MIV is offline

Default Deleting text w/o using the delete button

I am unable to delete a word or text by double clicking on it to highlight
and use the back space button. I have done this for years, but for some
reason after reinstalling word on my computer this funciton is not working.
I should also be able to double click on text to highlight and begin typing
over the highlighte text and this also is not working. We've tried working
with the global settings, automatic formatting and are at a loss.