Doug Robbins

Then use a macro to perform the mailmerge that contains in it the code to
unprotect the document so that the merge can proceed and reprotect it when
completed.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Antonio Ortiz" Antonio wrote in message
The problem is that the regulatory document is the main one (source) which
is
already approved and that I should prevent from inadvertend changes when a
clerk load it to mass print it through mail merge function with the id
numbers on each replication. If not, somebody will be required to verify
that replications are identical to the source and I don't want to do that
and
put it in a written procedure.

"Antonio Ortiz" wrote:

I have a main document that needs to print for each id numbers filed in
an
Excel Spreadsheet. I'm using mail merge but the problem is that due to
regulatory requirements I need to protect the main document during the
mail
merge but if I do so in Word 2002 (MS Office XP Pro) the mail merge
function
is not allowed. How can I perform this mail merge process maintaining
protected the main document. Is there is a waork around in Word? Is the
new
Word 2003 have this capability? Is there is another MS or third party
software that provide this capabilities?