Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cmore cmore is offline

Default tables & page breaks

i have created a table that has 5 columns with 1 major row that splits into 3
rows
see below example --

(Cols)= 1 2 3 4 5
A1 XXX XXX XXX
XX name A2 XXX XXX XXX
A3 XXX XXX XXX

Issue: if info added creates 2 page then get incorrect page break???
Now i did go to 'Table', 'Table Properties', 'Row' & unchecked 'Allow row to
break across pages' which forward to the next page properly --- but I CANT
get it to also forward the main title with Col/Row 1 -- so viewer can't see
that the info in A3 works with 'XX name'.

Does that make sense ?

Thank you !!!

==========
"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Where do you want it to break, and what do you mean by correctly? I had
trouble understanding the table structure in your question. Is this an
accurate description. Each major row has x cells, with the last split into
three rows.

PamC

cmore wrote:
i have a table that contains 5 columns and 1 row which then splits to 3 rows
-- how do i get it to page break correctly & get the title within the 1st
column/row?