Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Connection problem with Access

Hi Murray,

I take it that means you're sorted, at least for now?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Murray Muspratt-Rouse wrote:
Peter, I should have posted a reply to my own post that you have kindly
answered - I needed to change the connection statement in the Access
VBA for reconnecting Word to Access, so as to point at the workgroup
.mdw file on the server PC. I used the Network Places address for it.
With that I have been able to copy the Access front end to both PCs
local to the server PC and to remote ones.

Murray

Peter Jamieson;395061 Wrote:
When in doubt - cheat!

Quite!
-
I am now facing a new problem - how to point Jet OLEDB:System
Database
at the PC that acts as server for other PCs.-

Not sure why you would need this for /Word/ if you have removed the
need
to connect to Access data sources, but if it's so that users can
generally speaking get at Access databases, then I think you have to
put
the path in the registry. Probably better to google that and ask in an

Access group if you don't find the necessary, although I can probably
dig it out for you if necessary.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk