Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Why does word say i have insufficient memory to open documents?

Because of the proliferation of temp files in the folder in which the
document resides. At minimum, Word must create an "owner" file, and it often
creates a lot of ~wrlxxxx.tmp files as well. This is naturally impossible on
CDs and can quickly become impractical on floppies.

"aalaan" wrote in message

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message news:%23%

... provide it. Never open from or save to removable media.

I knew well enough that you never SAVE to removable media, and why, but
never to OPEN from it? That's a new one on me.