Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Cursor middle of document

Exit Word and then locate and rename the normal.dotm file. When you restart
Word, a fresh copy with factory default settings will be recreated.

To find normal.dotm, you can search in Windows (press Windows key + F); be
sure to search hidden files and folders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Roy" wrote in message
When I open a new document in Word 2007 the cursor is always in the middle
of the
page. I start typing and the text goes up to the top of the page. How do I
make the cursor to appear at the top of the page in new document?

The advice on the internet is Go to File Page Setup Layout (in Word
2007, ) and change the Vertical
Alignment from Center to Top.

But in my case all these icon are greyed out.

Can anybody help please.