Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kurt Kurt is offline

Default Alternating between Word 2007 and 2003 causes configuration or ins

I am trying to run the trial of Office 2007; I have left Office 2003 on the
computer. If I run Word 2003, it invokes Windows Installer, and I have to
wait several minutes while something loads. Then, I can run Word 2003 fine
until I try to run Word 2007. When I try to load 2007, the Configuration
window opens and runs for several minutes. Then, 2007 is fine--until I try
to run 2003, when the Installer opens. Why does this happen; how can I avoid
it (or can I)? The same does NOT seem to be true for Excel 2007/2003.