Fran

Default Word loads templates VERY slowly

I have a user that I upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP pro
(SP2). All patches and updates have been applied.

The user has Office 2003 installed on the workstation. There are some
750+ document templates that are used in MS Word. Under windows 2000,
when the user selected FILE | NEW and selected "Templates on my
computer" it would open the My Documents folder (on a network share)
and load all previews and folders very fast (a couple second delay was
all that was noticed.)

After upgrading to Windows XP (SP2) it now takes 65 seconds to load a
list of the same templates / folders. If the user closes Word and
reopens the same procedure takes less time (40 seconds)

Why would this change so dramatically between Windows 2000 and Windows
XP ?? What can I do to improve the speed?

-Fran-