Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Phil Bewig Phil Bewig is offline

Default Footnote Separator

I am using Word 2007.

I am writing a complicated document with multiple footnotes. The
document uses two-column layout, and some pages have footnotes on both
columns. The paragraph containing the footnote separator is inserted
automatically when a footnote appears in the current column. The
default paragraph format for the footnote separator uses more space
above and below the horizontal line than I prefer.

MS Word does not permit me to select the footnote separator paragraph,
and I cannot find a style for footnote separators in the style
manager. How do I change the format of the footnote separator?

Many thanks,

Phil