Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Let's hear it for capital I

From another perspective -

I don't know that is is 'laziness' so much as it is 'reinforcement of bad
habits' by features such as AutoCorrect. Most people are so accustomed to
having things done for them that they simply lose sight of the fact that not
*all* programs work the same way... In fact, many don't have any idea how
miserably poor their spelling/grammar/typing is because they no longer see
most of their mistakes.

I liken it to the phenomenon of your local fast-food folks not being able to
give you the correct change unless the register [read: computer] tells them
how much it should be.

The more one relies on a crutch the more dependent on that crutch one
becomes - the original concept of 'slippery slope' if I'm not mistaken :-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/20/06 2:19 AM, in article ,
"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I blame it on laziness. No one cares if something is spelled right. It's one
thing to have an occasional typo but for heaven's sake! Spell check will
catch most problems. (I say most because sometimes I type a bit too fast for
my brain to actually read what I wrote and then hit that "ignore" button
instead of "change".)