SDecou

Default auto current date entry in your document

I have noticed that in Word 2003 when you open a document that contains an
Insert/Date and Time (with update automatically selected) the field does not
update on open of the document. In Word 97 this was not the case. Is Word
2003 supposed to work this way? I can only get the field to update on Print
or selecting the field and hitting F9.

Will your suggestion below (inserting a { CREATEDATE }) work for me?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Add a { CREATEDATE } field to the template.

"steevesinjapan" wrote:

how do you make your template always enter in the current date automaticallt
every time you open it to make a new document