NZJen

Thanks once again Jacob and, as you noted, I am an IT trainer (Microsoft
Office software only) and should supposedly be able to know how to fix this
probem! However, to date I've tried all the things you've suggested including
uninstalling, reinstalling Word; uninstalling Word 2002 and installing Word
2003; virus checks; system checks etc and SO FAR nothing has solved my
problem!! So ..... I guess it must be some sort of a virus so will probably
now have to pay money to take my laptop somewhere to get checked out by the
real experts!! Thanks for your advice anyway!

"Jacob_F_Roecker" wrote:

NZ:

This is going to sound really simple but consider this:

The program isn't working right. You may have a bug on your computer--even
if your virus detection hasn't found it yet.

I'd suggest that you should reinstall Word. The program is supposed to work
and it's not.

I'd recommend reinstalling. Then run a disk check (formerly scandisk),
virus check, and make sure you've downloaded the most recent updates.

You're the IT guy. You don't need me to tell you this. But I think we both
agree--Your word's not working right.

"NZJen" wrote:

Thanks for that Jacob. Unfortunately it only partly solves the problem
because I really need the complete H/F toolbar. I am an IT trainer and use
H/F's with my trainees and use the H/F toolbar a lot, especially to show how
to break the link between Same As Previous etc! Luckily this is only
happening with my home computer so fa. I am the only one using this computer
so have no idea why all of a sudden this particular toolbar is not working!
Another thing I've tried is going into View/Toolbars/Customise and trying to
put a tick in the H/F toolbar there but it doesn't allow me to do this. I
guess this could be the main problem but once again don't know why it's not
working .... very baffling!

If anyone else comes up with any other ideas to find the missing toolbar I
would certainly welcome them! Thanks all the same. I appreciate your taking
the time to respond.

"Jacob_F_Roecker" wrote:

NZJen:

I've only got the quick fix. That's a good question. To get you buy for
now go to VIEW TOOLBARS then AUTOTEXT. This will let you get your autotext
in the headers/footers.

I can't imagine why it's not automatically coming up. It's designed to.
Make sure you look around sometimes another computer user (my four year old)
may have moved it to someplace where it's hiding within the window.

Good Luck!

"NZJen" wrote:

When I am inserting headers and footers in a Word document I don't get the
Header & Footer TOOLBAR. The only thing that appears is the header area of
the document or the footer area, WITHOUT the toolbar, which I usually use for
inserting page numbers, breaking the links between sections etc. HELP????