zSplash

Default "Can't find project" error

I'm using mailmerge. While merging, I get the following error:
"Compile error. Can't find project or library"

I stop the code and see a missing reference to a temporary file ("MISSING:
~WRC003.tmp"). I delete that reference, and run the code. What's the deal
with this temp reference?

Then, after the mailmerge has occurred, I get another error:
"Run-time error: 424. Object required."

I stop the code and see that the template (in the merged doc) is not checked
in Tools | References, although it is visible. The template is visibly
installed in Word.

If I manually check the template, the code runs fine, but how can I
programmatically check it? BTW, I have already programmatically "installed"
the addin in both the master document and the mailmerge. I had assumed
installation would check the box.

TIA