Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default protect doc?

If the values that you want are in formfields, use the .Result property of
each formfield.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"js" wrote in message
Thanks Doug,

How to get the form items value if the doc is protect?
I used strDoc = oWordDocO.Content, but I can't get the item values from
content property? Any ways? Please advice. Thanks again.

It is is set to "True" a new template is created based on the template
that is called by Template:=filename; if it is set to "False" a new
document is created based on that template. The latter is what you would
normally do.

I am assuming that somewhere earlier in your code, the path and name of
the template are loaded into the variable "filename".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
Thanks Doug,

Can you pls explain more about if NewTemplate:=True, or False what will
happen?

Do you really want to create a new template?

Use

Set oWordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application") 'New Word.Application
Set oWordDocO = oWordApp.Documents.Add(Template:=filename,
NewTemplate:=False)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"js" wrote in message
Hi,
if my doc is wdAllowOnlyFormFields, the .Add method will cause
DocumentBeforeClose event to fire, and won't let me open the doc,
how to fix this? thanks.

Set oWordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application") 'New
Word.Application
Set oWordDocO = oWordApp.Documents.Add(Template:=filename,
NewTemplate:=True)