Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel

Default How to repair a broken link to template.

Tools Templates and Add-ins : Attached template.

If your concern is specifically macros (rather than styles) consider
installing the template as an add-in.Then its macros are always available.

"Gary Burton" wrote in message
I have many documents created from a public folder template that
contains styles and keyboard macros. Therefore whenever I open one of the
documents, it pulls in the macros from the template. If someone on the
network changes the name of a folder in the path to the template, however,
the link is broken and I can't use the macros. I need the documents and
the
template to remain public, so I can't control the fact that the path to
the
template may get changed. I could put the macros in each document, but
that
gets to be a big editing hassle -- especially if I have to change the
macros
later.

Is there a way to repair that link when it becomes broken? I can't
seem
to find one.

--
Gary Burton