Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I remove the paragraph symbol from my documents on scre

The Show/Hide ΒΆ button is on the Standard toolbar by default. If you are not
seeing it, it's because you've got adaptive menus enabled and/or Standard
and Formatting toolbars on one row. You can change both these settings on
the Options tab of Tools | Customize.

For some reasons why you might want to see nonprinting characters
(formatting marks), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

"Melanie" wrote in message
Thanks. That pilcrow wasn't on my tool bar, but it was simple to add it

and
then delete it from my doc. I feel kinda stupid! Thanks for the help.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

It's called a pilcrow. Hit the button with that symbol on your tool bar

one
time.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Melanie" Melanie @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Somehow, I inadvertantly iinserted the parapgraph symbol into my Word
documents. Whenever I create a new doc, the symbol appears throughout

at
the
beginning and ends of paraprahps while I'm typing. When I print my
document,
the symbols don't appear. But it is very annoying to have the symbols

on
screen. I can't fiind a way to remove them. Help! Please!