Doug Robbins

When you look at the document in Print Preview does it look OK? It should
assuming that you have the left and right margins set to reasonable values
and do not have the paragraph formatted with negative indents that are
greater than the margins.

If that is OK, then you problem is with the positioning of the paper in the
printer. I assume that what you are doing is feeding the paper into the
centre of the printer as the paper guides usually move in equally from each
side while Word is assuming that the paper is aligned to one side.

If that is the case, define your custom paper size to be 8.5 x 8.5 and add
1.5" to each of your left and right margins.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"ruth bennett" ruth wrote in message
I am trying to use a custom paper size of 5.5 x 8.5 (small notebook size).
When I define the paper size as user defined or custom and print on the
small
notebook paper, the printing is half off the paper.