Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Default help I'm being left behind with my font problem

Hi Wally

You should be able to do it by using the Control Panel Regional and
Language Options Languages *untick* "complex script" and *untick* "East
Asian languages. But sometimes that doesn't work. For more drastic measures,
see this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c04f842bd786ef

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Wally Wombat" wrote in message
Thanks for the help. Yes Bob, the sample box does show both western and
asian
characters, now for the important question, how does one turn it off or
reverse the option, as I can't find any way, short of reloading the office
suite.
--
Eats, roots and leaves.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Wally,

If you have 'right to left' or asian languages enabled in Word it will
usually show 'Sample' on the left and a 'complex script'
example in the right of the dialog (Word doesn't do the translation so it
just uses Sample).

Check in Start=Programs=Microsoft Office=Microsoft Office Tools
and see if the Language Settings Tool has enabled non-english languages
listed.
If you have Internet Explorer setup to automatically install language
files
from sites visited that may be a source of that being changed if it
wasn't done intentionally.

-===============
"Wally Wombat" wrote in
message
Oh illustrious microsoft helpers readers and other computer folk

How's that for a bit of grovelling.

Nobody has answered my question and I am desperate for an answer:

When I highlight a piece of text and then look to change the font through
the path: formatfont, the preview panel just says "sample" and not a
piece
of the highlighted text, I'm sure this used to give part of the highlight
as
a sample, as I am trying to find a particular number font, "sample" does
not
help a great deal. What's happened and how can I preview the numbers in
the
various font.

Oh where are you susan when I need you

Many many thanks in advnace
--
Eats, roots and leaves.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview