Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbara White Barbara White is offline

Default form content disappears with select-all/update fields

Hi, everyone,

We're using Word 2003/Windows XP or Windows 2000.

I'm working with authors who used locked forms/tables in a Word file. I
have to reuse those forms in related (but separate) sections of the
manuscript that we're compiling.

I unlocked the forms/tables and copied them into another file;
everything looked fine. However, after I did a select-all/update fields,
the text in the forms disappeared and was replaced with grey rectangles.

The Word document isn't protected.
Clicking on the "lock" padlock in the Forms toolbar is ineffective.

How do I prevent the forms text from disappearing?