Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ciegalo Ciegalo is offline

Default Local version of Excel file used for mail merge in Word 07 on Vista ?

On 23 oct, 12:17, "Peter Jamieson"
wrote:
I've seen the general kind of thing you are talking about on Word 2007 (I
don't think Vista is the problem here) but not when I create a new .xlsx,
put it on a network drive, and use it as a data source using the default
connection method (OLE DB). So I wondered...
a. are you working with an existing .doc and .xls from an earlier version
of Word or
b. are you working with completely new .docx and .xlsx files from Office
2007 (and if not, and you experiment using that, do you see the problem?)
c. some other combinaiton of .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx etc.?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I'm using .doc and .xls that were created using Office 2K or XP. .*x
are not compatible enough (colors, pivot tables).

Your message rings a bell as you mention OLE. I need to check, but the
connection might be DDE. Could that be a problem ?

BR,
Damien