Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne M Jeanne M is offline

Default "Read" view when opening attachment

Suzanne: I have read your identical and patient answer to dozens of inquiries
on this point. The problem many of us are having is that we've already made
that change (unticking "Allow starting in reading layout view") but as soon
as an email attachment arrives (Outlook 2003) that is in Reading Layout view,
it not only changes my default back to a tick mark on "Allow starting in
reading layout....", it ALSO changes my default setting on "recently used
file list" (Tools/Options/General) from 9 to the Word default of 4. I kid you
not! This has gone on for years. So I have to "Close" the reading layout
view, and then go to Tools/Options/General and fix both of those back to my
own defaults. In one of your prior posts you indicated that you use Outlook
Express. Maybe that's the difference? Any thoughts anyone?
What the h_()#$^_@)(U is going on ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | General: "Allow starting in Reading Layout view."

"Juan" wrote in message
Whenever i open an attachment sent through Outlook, it opens up in Read
view.
Is there a way to disable this so that i won't have to click "Close" to
return to normal view?
thanks.