Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Date auto-complete in Word 97?

The date that Word will suggest (I think) and certainly the date it will
insert when you use Alt+Shift+D is the format selected as the default in
Insert | Date and Time; this in turn is influenced by the default short and
long date formats selected in Control Panel | Regional and Language Options.

http://word.mvps.org

"GB" wrote in message
GB wrote:
When I start typing the date, Word 97 helpfully offers to
auto-complete it. So, I type (today on 22 January) '22 j', and word
offers to fill in the date. Very helpful, except Word wants to
instert 22 Jan. 09, whilst I want it to insert 22 January 2009. How
do I get it to change the date format?

Oops, I am actually using Word 2003!!