Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Multiple versions of a catalog in Word

You can still create custom properties, but you have to get to the
"Advanced" Properties dialog that shows the Custom tab. On that tab, type a
name and value for the property, then click Add.

To get to the Advanced Properties dialog, use Office Button | Prepare |
Properties. This opens what I think they call the "document pane." At the
top left, click Document Properties and choose Advanced Properties. Needless
to say, this is quite cumbersome, so you may want to add Advanced Document
Properties to the QAT. Find it under Commands Not in the Ribbon.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mike F" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 and I found the Document Properties through the Office
Button, however, there is no ability to create a Custom field (as far as I
can tell).

I typed out one of the examples above. Everything is exactly as written,
but
when I hit Alt-F9, I just get a blank. Any ideas?

Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If this is Word 2003 or earlier, File | Properties | Custom. When you
define
a property, you have to assign a value before it will "take."

http://word.mvps.org