Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gloribee11

Default drawing a line I can type on later

For the following example:

_____have hereunto set _____ hand(s) and seals(s) this ___ day of ____

Click on Font Style and Font Size to use.
Click View, Toolbars, Forms.
Click Table, Insert, Table of 7 columns, 1 row. OK.
Type text where it goes.
Where the blank lines will go, click Text Form Field (ab on Form Field Tool
Bar)
Move the cell borders as appropriate (leaving enough space for whatever goes
there).
Click the a in a square on the Form Field toolbar if you want to remove
the form field shading
Click in first cell where a line is wanted.
Click Format, Borders and Shading,
Click Apply to Cell (bottom right) and click on unwanted borders to remove
them, leaving only underline. Click OK.
Click in second cell, click Borders and Shading and click None to remove all
four borders. Click OK.
Continue the process to complete all cells in the line.
Lock the form (padlock icon on the Forms toolbar). Then you can type in the
form fields in the document, tabbing from each to the next.

(Remember to unlock the form to do other editing.)

"noellia" wrote:

I'm creating a form. I want it to have several "fill-in-the-blank" lines
(i.e., Name:_____________, Address ____________), but I want to be able to
save the form for multiple future uses, and be able to just go in & type text
on the lines without affecting the layout of the form as it was saved.