Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word mail merge "Unable to Obtain List of Tables from Data Source"

Deleting the address book will not delete the contacts list, but if you
don't want to take my word for it take a backup of your PST file that
contains the contacts first. The address book is merely a view into the
contacts list that other applications can use. Adding it again will recreate
the link to the contacts list that hopefully is at the root of your problem.

Stephen Ford wrote:
Yes of course. Got my head burried in Word...
I'm not too sure about the implications of removing the address book.
Will that delete my contact list? What is the relationship between
the contact list and the address book please? They sound as if they
are one-and-the-same-thing which is why I wonder if deleting one
deletes the other.

Stephen

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Tools E-mail accounts is in Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2007 it is at
File Data File Management Address Books.

Stephen Ford wrote:
I've completely lost my way with this. I noted some time ago that
the instruction

1) Go to Tools / Email Accounts
a. Select "View or change existing directories or address
books", then Next.

is not exact. I happened to find the various dialogues by by
accident. I can't find them now. Tools / Email Accounts doesn't
exist. Any ideas?