katin42

The end result from dragging might be responding to what is allowed with the
Tab and Margins settings, if these adjustments were altered. Decreasing your
margins, to create more space on the form, might take care of the problem.
It sounds like a function by default, and not any kind error on your part. If
you don't want to risk losing what you already have, duplicate this file, and
keep draging and tweeking, to see if it lines up the way you wanted. Wish I
had more to offer. Sorry. : (

"LurfysMa" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:01:03 -0700, "katin42"
wrote:

It might be easier to set the columns at equal widths, during the initial set
up and designing process.

This is not during the initial table design. In many cases I have been
using the table for some time and have the column widths the way I
want them. I just want to reorder them with no other changes.

Is this for a chart? Are there horizontal lines as
well? Someone else might be able to help if we new what program, component,
and version is used to design the columns.

I am using Word 2000.

"LurfysMa" wrote:

I often need to rearrange the columns in a table. If I select a column
and drag it to another place, it assumed the width of one of the
adjacant columns.

Is there a way to move it without the width changing?

I have tried Shift-drag, Alt-drag, Ctrl-drag, etc...

Thanks

Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Win 2000
Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com