Jay Freedman

To turn them off, go to Tools Options View and uncheck "Smart tags" (top
item in the center column).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Red dots under certain words wrote:
Thank you so much. At least I know I'm not losing my mind. I still
don't know how to get rid of them, but Il'l keep checking. JE

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

More likely, the red dots indicate something that was recognized by
a Smart Tag, such as an address. (Word claims they're purple, but
that depends on how your monitor is set up.) See the help topic
"What do the underlines in my document mean?"

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Red dots under certain words wrote:
There aren't a lot of them, which is why I had already unchecked
that box. And still, they appear. Alas. But thanks.

Joan

"Opinicus" wrote:

"Red dots under certain words" Red dots under certain
wrote in message
Word and Outlook 2003 seem to have a feature that puts red
dots under words
that seem randomly chosen. How can I get rid of them?

The "randomly chosen" words are misspelled (according to
Word). Try this:

Click on: Tools Options Spelling & Grammar

Uncheck the box before [] Check spelling as you type. Click
on: OK.

If you have a *lot* of words with red dots under them, you
might consider leaving this option on however...

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com