Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word changes alphanumeric characters to wingdings font, inside

Try copying the drawing, deleting it, and then pasting it back as an enhanced
metafile. Because you'll then have a static image, the font problem should
be gone. Sometimes this doesn't work well in Word, and you'll have to
produce a jpeg, or some such, in another porgram.

HTH,
PamC

Zane Lassiter wrote:
Bob,
I'm checking with the AutoCAD fellow on what fonts are used in our drawings.
At Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=Show Document Content, I click
'Font Substitution...' and nothing! With the dot-dot-dot trailer and
Microsoft convention, I expect something to follow - window, dialog box,
drop-down list, something. Is this normal? Does it indicate no font
substitution?
Thanks,
Zane

Hi Zane,