Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word changes alphanumeric characters to wingdings font, inside

Sorry to be late answering, I've been away for a few days. My suggestion is
an emergency fix when you can't get to the native file. While in Word, copy
the drawing, delete it, and then pasting it back into the same spot as an
enhanced metafile.

I suggested that you "try" it because sometimes (rarely for me) the parts of
the image will shift unacceptably. For me that means going back to the
artist and asking him/her to make a jpeg. I prefer to use static images
because of problems like you describe.

PamC

Zane Lassiter wrote:
Hi PamC,
Would you break it down for me - ID source and target for each step and
where action takes place, e.g. in AutoCAD or in Word. Specifically, are you
saying: Copying from AutoCAD to Word? (Not insert?)
Copying from file saved/exported from AutoCAD, to Word? (Not insert?)
Delete picture in Word?
Paste into Word from where?

Thanks,
Zane

Try copying the drawing, deleting it, and then pasting it back as an enhanced
metafile. Because you'll then have a static image, the font problem should

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
Thanks!
Zane